Joint Mobility & Body Weight training have been a part of the Agatsu system since its inception. Through years of study of various health and martial arts systems, yoga, dance and gymnastics, Shawn Mozen has partnered with Sara-Clare Lajeunesse to create an active and effective joint mobility program that has become the corner stone to all of their training. With the simple idea that we must first learn to master our own bodies before we can learn to overcome the resistance offered by weights, the Agatsu Joint Mobility & Movement program was born.
UPPER BODY- Level 1, you will learn:
- How, why, when and where should you use Joint Mobility in your training? Explore the fundamentals of joint mobility and joint preparation training and the essential roles they play in warm-up and injury prevention.
- Bullet proof your body. Stop hurting yourself in training and start building a stronger more resilient body. Learn how to safely and incrementally train in positions of disadvantage to gain greater stability within your joints.
- Train without pain! Learn how to deal with and help remove stalls in joint ranges of motion through the use of self-massage, fascial stretch and Adaptive Bodywork techniques.
- Introduction and progressions to basic rolling, falling and balance exercises.
- Progressions for upper body strength movements: pull ups, push ups, ring dips, toes to bar, L-sits, strict muscle ups and handstands. Explore the missing links in your training and develop raw strength with easy to follow gymnastics fundamentals.
- Develop your flexibility and greater range of motion through dynamic and loaded stretching progressions for the upper body and spine. Introduction to back bending and working towards the full bridge.
- Understand and create a sound pre-workout joint mobility and joint preparation warm up, as well as develop a post training stretching and self-massage practice.
- Testing is NOT based on physical ability at level 1. This is an intro level course and we do not expect nor demand that participants have achieved any pre-requisites in flexibility, mobility or strength. This course is designed to provide you with the tools necessary to excel in these areas and is suitable for all levels.
- To help you take notes and organize the large amount of material we suggest that you purchase a copy of the e-book located in our store.
Registration is a guarantee of your reserved spot for an Agatsu seminar. Once you confirm your registration you are taking one of a limited number of spaces and as such there are no refunds in the event that you must cancel.